Dead site, Go home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commando's General Prison Map Discussion

+14
Ninja~
|3oT
panda123
Nameless052
Dr.Thrax
«PyrøZ~*
Rhox
sayem
Sky
BC~*
FinSoldier^_^
ifrit723
guncool
Commando
18 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Commando's General Prison Map Discussion Empty Commando's General Prison Map Discussion

Post by Commando Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:28 pm

*All ideas and info below is old, and I'm currently not working on prison_oasis. However, many of these ideas are now incorporated into the new prison_jail maps, so don't mind this big blob of text*

That's right, a new prison map is in the works, and it's gonna (hopefully) be better then the current one. The reason I'm gonna stop working on the current prison is because I feel it's just to dull, too boring, and a little too claustrophobic. I started making this map a couple of days ago, but as usual, I kept getting putting it off because I had other things to do, some of which were completely pointless.

Now I plan to really start working on it. Only thing I actually made was the cells, but they're complete and so I'm gonna move on from that to the general layout of the base and outlying camp.

Now when I say camp, I mean that this map is gonna be a helluva lot bigger then the current one (which will now be referred to as v3.1), and a lot more open. The outlying camp I mentioned will basically be a bunch of those house building things (I forgot what they're called exactly) that you see in military bases. They'll contain basic amenities such as food (let's just pretend those health packs are tacos), ammo, and guns generally weaker then what you'd find in an armory. This map is intended to be funner then the previous map, and so I'll probably implement things that wouldn't make sense to have in a normal prison.

Things to expect are: a Disco; Taco Bell; possibly a McDonald's; Snowball Arena; AWP Arena; Monster Arena; Death-run; a lot more execution cells (more then what you seen in v3.1); an Outside (mhm, fresh air); Secret Underground Tunnels; an Event Room (I'll explain it later); a Boiler Room; Smaller overall file size (It'll be no larger then 1mb, my promise); less Disco songs (sorry, but I'm doing it to keep the size down); Hidden weapons (May need some feedback on this one, oh, and no armor above %25); Bilingual messages (second language will probably be Brazillian, need people to translate for me, as I don't trust Google Translate); 200% more Donuts; more lies Cake; and many other thing's I'll think of later.

Now the explanation of, THE EVENT ROOM.

This secret room will allow players to trigger "events". One example is, a player presses a button, and it spawns lasers all over the map, making it a "Laser Event"...to prevent overdoing it, it will be preceded by a somewhat hard death-run. Once a player makes a choice of event, the buttons will be disabled and he'll be able to walk into one of several teleporters which will bring him to a common location on the prison. Weapons that will be planned for events include; Lasers; RPG Launchers; Rocket Launchers; Flamethrowers; possibly Mines and Laser-mines; and possibly Portal Gun's (though not likely). They'll also be (useless) buttons that control an alarm, weather effect's such as rain, and music that will play across the whole map. I have an idea implementing a system that'll prevent players from choosing more then 1 song, and will also prevent players from choosing a song AND the alarm (which will be severely annoying). Players will freely be able to enable and disable those things as they wish, unlike the weapons events which is one-time only. Only players that complete the death-run may access this room, and the death-run can only be played through ONCE per round. Meaning, if they player uses one of the teleporters to exit the room, he will not be able to come back until he finishes the death-run again next round.

And about the "Bilingual Messages" thing, this is for the Brazilian speaking players of CS2D, seeing as how BR players are far more common then American players. Hopefully someone here will help me translate the messages, but this will only be at the end of map development...so no point in volunteering now before I even finish the map. The messages will be like normal messages, but in the format of "ENGLISH MESSAGE HERE / BRAZILIAN MESSAGE HERE".

As I posted already, I have decided to name the map prison_oasis_v1.0.

If you have any ideas/comments/suggestions on the name or the prison itself, your opinion is welcome.

PS - This is a screenshot of the underground cells area, its the only area thats 100% finished, everything else is almost done or not started yet.

Commando's General Prison Map Discussion Mapexp10

Last edited by Commando64 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Commando
Commando
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

USGN ID : Commando
USGN Number : 0

http://www.thepiratebay.se/

Back to top Go down

Commando's General Prison Map Discussion Empty Re: Commando's General Prison Map Discussion

Post by guncool Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:21 am

taco bell and McDonald? xD.monster arena what has?(weapons,creaturs,traps?).after deathrun which teleport will be exit and which for event?give a signal. i know who can traslate english to brazilian.(sektor).what armors will there are? rabbit yumi yumi donuts and cake.(no more questions for now)
guncool
guncool
Master Member
Master Member

Xfire Username : gucool
USGN ID : george

Back to top Go down

Commando's General Prison Map Discussion Empty Re: Commando's General Prison Map Discussion

Post by ifrit723 Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:21 am

how about prison_global_v1.0? idk.
ifrit723
ifrit723
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Xfire Username : ifrit723
USGN ID : ifrit723

http://www.google.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by FinSoldier^_^ Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:57 am

wow.. man (wrote like hellish long).. and can der be for finnish guy a writing?=P.lol ill think for more guestions someday..lol(until its done). and good luck wit doin it..=)
FinSoldier^_^
FinSoldier^_^
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Xfire Username : finsoldier666
USGN ID : FinSoldier
USGN Number : 58611

Back to top Go down

Post by Commando Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:02 am

Maybe I'll include a third language...if I have the time.
Commando
Commando
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by FinSoldier^_^ Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:19 am

yes.. .. well take your time commando =) no hurry.lol=DD
FinSoldier^_^
FinSoldier^_^
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BC~* Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:23 pm

well done commando Smile
but make the deathrun to the event room hard >Very Happy
as long as the file isnt too big ><
BC~*
BC~*
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm

goodluck with the new map Smile
Sky
Sky
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sayem Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Commando64 wrote:Maybe I'll include a third language...if I have the time.

Yea add french !! xD it will be helpfull for 4-5 players so don't add french and i think brasilian and english are enough man.
Good luck for you map.
sayem
sayem
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhox Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:48 pm

U MUST PUT NYAN CAT ON THE DISCO!!!!11!11!
Rhox
Rhox
Administrator
Administrator

Xfire Username : cabinha
USGN ID : Rhox
USGN Number : 27085

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001378574819

Back to top Go down

Post by Commando Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:14 pm

NyanCat it is...and a rickroll, and probably something random for the third song...MAYBE they'll be a fourth song...just maybe.

Oh, and I decided it will be named prison_oasis_v1.0...sounds classier.

Commando
Commando
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by FinSoldier^_^ Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:35 pm

nice pic!=D more more..XD
FinSoldier^_^
FinSoldier^_^
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by guncool Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:27 am

your image looks like big,imagine how will be the map.HUGE
guncool
guncool
Master Member
Master Member

Xfire Username : gucool
USGN ID : george

Back to top Go down

Post by BC~* Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:49 am

nice pic Smile
all is good but y nyan cat D:
its irrtating lol
BC~*
BC~*
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by FinSoldier^_^ Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:32 am

bc.. ppl cant get alweys what wanted..lol
FinSoldier^_^
FinSoldier^_^
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:48 am

lol yeah xD unless they hack =o or nvm
Sky
Sky
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FinSoldier^_^ Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:01 am

yeah.. sky..nvm is best comment now..XD
FinSoldier^_^
FinSoldier^_^
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by «PyrøZ~* Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:33 pm

I'm guessing your not using your own made tiles then? -.- løl xD
«PyrøZ~*
«PyrøZ~*
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Commando Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:39 pm

I always use basic_collection tileset, which has more diverse tiles then most other tilesets, then I remove all the unused tiles and rearrange it.

If you mean I made the tiles, then no, I didn't, I just downloaded this tileset off some site.
Commando
Commando
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Thrax Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Where u download it o.o?

Anyways, map is looking good, looking forward to it Cool
Dr.Thrax
Dr.Thrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Commando Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:30 pm

You don't download it...it's not even done yet.

When it's done, I'll upload it.
Commando
Commando
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhox Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:29 pm

zomg great map when u upload ima give +rep
Rhox
Rhox
Administrator
Administrator

Xfire Username : cabinha
USGN ID : Rhox
USGN Number : 27085

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001378574819

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Thrax Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:10 am

I accidently wrote where u download it instead of where'd u download the tile set. Razz
Dr.Thrax
Dr.Thrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless052 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:49 am

YaY! another epic map from an epic mapper Surprised

Nameless052
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by panda123 Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:42 am

I hope this map work... the previouse map was good and i like it but

not everyone like it... I got a request from 3~4 that ask me to change map to the old prison... but still i do not think that can be solution.

we need a EPIC MAP that everyone loves it. I know you can make it commando.
panda123
panda123
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Xfire Username : pandaz123
USGN ID : panda123
USGN Number : 55906

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next